Today MMG released its 2019 Sustainability Report, detailing our sustainability performance during the year ended 31 December 2019.
“Since the beginning, we have been firm in our commitment to mine for progress – pursuing sustainable development and good citizenship as a way of generating value for all of our stakeholders,” said MMG Chief Executive Officer Geoffrey Gao.
This year’s report includes:
- Our social investment, local business development and employment initiatives during 2019
- Our commitment to human rights, which is supported by our Human Rights Policy
- Our 2019 Tax and Community Contribution Report
- Our approach to tailings storage management and a summary of our tailings facilities across the business
- Closure management and rehabilitation across the business.
“The social and economic benefits we provide through our operations, their supply chains and our products support our employees, shareholders, communities, consumers, regions and host countries to develop and prosper,” said Mr Gao.
Our 2019 Sustainability Report is aligned with MMG’s Sustainable Development Framework, which outlines our approach to health and safety, security, environment, social performance, human rights and other sustainability-related issues across the business.
The report has been prepared in accordance with the Global Reporting Initiative’s (GRI) 2016 Sustainability Reporting Guidelines (GRI Standards): Core option, as well as specific GRI indicators as they relate to each of our material issues. A limited assurance procedure was also carried out over elements of this report, guided by the ICMM Assurance Procedure and alignment with the requirements of the GRI Standards: Core option.
The GRI Content Index can be found in the Sustainability Report Appendix.
To view the 2019 Sustainability Report, click here.